Monday, November 16, 2009

Beautiful in Pearls

I am going to be splitting this auto-delivery series with a friend.  I got my half of the first shipment late last week and played with it all weekend.  I have to say, this is a perfect look for work.  The blush is a very pretty deep mauve, but it's my least favorite piece.  It's actually reminiscent of Lovely.  It looks much more natural on me when I mix in a tiny bit of flawless radiance, but even then it's easy for me to accidentally apply too much.   It's not a blush I normally would reach for since I prefer blushes with more of an apricot undertone in them.

The pearl infused mineral veil is a little scary too.  It's an orange sherbet color and kind of pearlescent.  I haven't had the courage to wear it alone yet.  I've used a 50/50 mixture of the pearl infused MV and regular MV and I don't notice a difference.   I'm just afraid of the color the pearl infused MV will turn on my skin once it oxidizes if I use it like normal MV.  I don't want to look in the mirror at lunch time and see an oompa loompa staring back.  I'm honestly not sure what I will do with this.  I'm going to have to play with it a bit more.


The eye colors are really what stand out to me.  The colors are both brownish and very work appropriate.  I feel like it is missing a highlighting color though, so I used Playful to highlight and lighten the inner corner of my eye. I think it looks much better with Playful in person though it's not terribly apparent in the photos.

I'm keeping the flawless mascara because even though I can't use it often, it is very easy on the lashes.   After I wash it off, my lashes feel so soft.

I'm not even going to touch the liner pencil.  I can't use liner pencils for the life of me, so I'll probably gift it. I haven't opened the gloss yet either because I already have two glosses open, but it looks really pretty.

I'm really happy with this kit to be honest.  I'm excited to try auto-delivery, which I've never done before.   And I'm really thrilled to be splitting the kit with someone.  Some of the gloss colors in the future ADs would not suit my coloring at all, but they should suit my friend perfectly.  The cost of each kit is also a lot more palatable this way too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails