Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Eye looks on the go + other news

Eye look on the goThe Eye Looks on the go are on sale at Sephora and boutiques (I can't find it at BE.com or Ulta).  When I first heard about this product, I thought it was some sort of look book BE put together.  Kind of like the tip cards they include in the majorty of their kits.  It turns out to be minerals they pressed onto cartoons of eyes to illustrate where to apply the colors.  You pick up the colors with a brush and apply them "on the go."

In theory, I thought they would make a great gift for a beginner who had a clearly defined crease.  These are definitely not suitable for a beginner with certain types of asian eyes, especially if your eyes are hooded like mine.  I mean, there are some Asian eye shapes where you just do NOT want to be applying shadow all the way up to the brow bone.  I'm sure they would be lovely for any experienced eye shadow user.  I opted not to get them for myself or anyone on my xmas list after seeing pictures online though. 

I actually got a chance to play with them at Sephora.  Each card is protected by a plastic sheet you remove before picking up the color.  The texture of the minerals on the card was not similar to their loose minerals at all.  When I've pressed my own Bare Minerals eye shadows, they still retain the softness when you pick it up with a brush.  I tried to pick up the color with my finger and with a q-tip and in both cases, the color came off the card in chunks.  I can't imagine applying chunks of eye shadow to my own eye. 

I wonder if other people noticed this and didn't buy it.  It was, after all, a holiday offering.  The holidays aren't even over yet and they're discounting it!

Cost: $12 at Sephora and boutiques.  Cute as a novelty gift.  Possibly great if you have time to crush the minerals into a powder, but they don't seem particularly useful if you are on the go.

In other news, the Sun Proof Fun kit is also on sale for $19.50.  This kit is worth it for Starfish ALONE!  If you waited before, get it now!

Also, the outlets stopped taking phone orders.  I can't wait to hear what the actual explanation is.  My theory is that they were losing money on shipping since not all the shipping costs were passed on to the buyers, and I'm guessing a lot of them did a huge chunk of business over the phone.

Photo credit: Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails