Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My travel kit

I'm going to a wedding next week and I needed to pack my makeup.  I'm notoriously bad at packing toiletries so I've been working on it since the weekend just to make sure I have everything I need.   This week, I'm working out this travel bag so that I can be 100% sure I have everything I need.

Here's my silver deluxe travel bag from BE.  It came out this year.  The BE I packed this time were my two foundations, Mineral Veil, and Healthy Radiance.

I always, always, always spill eye shadows when I travel, because there's not always a counter top I can put my jars on when I do my make up, so reluctantly, I stopped bringing BE shadows when I travel and started bringing palettes.  The lucky palette that gets to travel with me this time is the Urban Decay Book of Shadow Volume II.  It's huge in the bag.  How could you miss it?

I also packed a MAC mineralized blush in Intenso just in case I can't use my Healthy Radiance.  Gotta watch out for potential spillage!  The tubes are Flawless Mascara, Prime time for the eye, and an Urban Decay glitter liner.  A little of that on the lower lash line really brightens things up.

I really really wanted to pack my Sweet Obsessions eye colors, but I love them so much, I don't think I can bear a spill. Don't they look cute sitting the little plastic tray?  I started packing them before I realized that the wedding location was a surprise and I'm staying with a friend a few days before the wedding and in both locations, I'm unsure of what my toiletry space will be.  So out they went and in went the Urban Decay palette.

In the mesh insert, I packed brushes.  I have so many eye shadow brushes, but I still want more!  Can someone tell me how to suppress that desire??  The brush with the mesh wrapping is my Cover FX 160 foundation brush.  I use a Brush Guard to protect the bristles.  I totally want a second one of this brush, or maybe the Cover FX 190 brush.  That looks entertaining.  The i.d. eye makeup removers are great for travel.  I don't know why more companies don't make these.  They are basically little q-tips with eye makeup remover in the stick.  You snap off one end and the fluid moves into the cotton end that's still attached to the stick.  The only downside to these is that the makeup remover is really oily, so it can get into your eyes really easily.  The other brushes are a mix of my favorite Sephora, Kileng, and BE brushes. 

It seems like I've packed the right things so far!  Now I just need to get the rest of my toiletries together...

2 comments:

  1. Interested in hearing more about the Cover FX brush. Right now I alternate between BE's Full Flawless and EDM's Flat Top - but I'm not in love with either. TIA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharilyn,

    I certainly can write a post about cover fx brushes in the near future.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails