Sunday, January 31, 2010

My little miracle workers!

This week, for the first time in 3 months, I can count on ONE hand the number of pimples I have.  I think my Rare Minerals Moisturizer induced breakout is over!  Yay!

I'm going to credit adding Ole Henriksen's 3 Little Wonders to my routine.

The picture on the top is from December, before I started using the 3 little wonders.  The picture on the bottom is from this morning.  

In November and December, I was using a combination of Proactive face wash and Noxema salicylic acid pads and the breakout was not improving.   Shortly after Christmas, I started using the 3 little wonders and in the 4 weeks since then, my skin has shown amazing improvement.  There's a lot of scarring and hyper-pigmentation which is going to take several weeks to clear up.  No more painful, painful pimples though.

The 3 little wonders has the Truth Seurm, the Invigorating Night gel, and the Sheer Transformation moisturizer.   You're supposed to use the serum with the moisturizer in the morning and the night gel with the moisturizer at night.

The Truth Serum contains Vitamin C, which is a great anti-oxidant. It seems oily in your hands, but your skin just drinks it up.  The Invigorating Night gel has some natural AHAs, which I thought would make the gel feel tingly like other products I have used with AHAs.  In reality, the gel felt nice and soothing.

According to Sephora.com, these are formulated without:

- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMO
- Triclosan

  • I added wikipedia links to two of the things on the list that I haven't seen talked about much.

Also, the moisturizer has silicone in the ingredients, but so far, my skin hasn't reacted to it.


Cost:  You can get a mini version for $35 at Skinstore.com.  It was also at Sephora for a while during the holidays.  I got the mini kit as part of a Christmas present (thank you Naomi!!!!).  It lasted me about 3 weeks, which was long enough to see results and to convince myself to spring for the bigger set.

The version sold at Sephora is $70.  You get 1 oz. of each of the three products.  It's a really good deal because the Truth Serum is actually sold in 1 oz. quantities and costs $45 when you buy it alone.  The other two products are sold in 1.7 oz. quantities individually and cost $45 each.  So you're getting a full size product, you're not getting too much less of the other two, and you're saving a lot of money.  I think that qualifies as a "win."

If you have troubled skin, you might consider one of these two sets.  They really are little miracle workers!

Photo credit: self, Sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails