Sunday, March 14, 2010

Enkore Makeup Brushes and Customer Service (VERY UNHAPPY - Resolved)

Update:  I did get my refund eventually, so if you have trouble with the company, just be persistent.  Good luck!

In addition to being a sucker for palettes, I'm also a sucker for novel brushes.  Right now, I'm exploring duo fiber brushes.  I got one as a gift several months ago and have been hooked ever since.

I recently found out that Enkore sells makeup brushes on his website.  I decided to order some brushes based on these two videos:




Now in the first video, he says that his brushes don't shed, but he was specifically talking about the Skin Finisher and some other brushes he says are custom made for his store.  In the second, he demos his Duo Fiber Kabuki.  He doesn't mention any shedding or anything, he just talks about application.  Don't the brushes sound good though?  I was sold.

I ordered the Duo Fiber Kabuki and the Skin Finisher brush.  The Skin Finisher brush is amazing. It's really great for applying blush, bronzer, and I imagine it would be great for a really light dusting of Mineral Veil.  As promised, the brush does not shed at all.  I would actually recommend this brush for anyone looking for an almost fool proof way to apply color to their face.

The Kabuki brush on the other hand, shed like crazy.  It shed way more than any other brush I have ever, ever owned.  And it wasn't the white bristles that were falling out, it was the thick black bristles!  Who wants to put this kind of brush on your face?  You'd be picking off black hairs off your face all day.  The thing is, I had trouble finding any reviews on this product.  I don't know if this is because it's new or if Enkore doesn't get much business so no one's got it yet, but let me put this out there.  The kabuki brush is really, really, really bad.  I didn't even use it since what was shedding was the black fibers on the brush and I didn't want to deal with it.


I sent one email before my vacation asking whether or not the kabuki brush was supposed to shed.  Since I did not get a response from that email (yes, I checked my spam folder), when I got home, I wrote a second one requesting a refund.  I had to send that email twice.  I understand that who ever is dealing with inquiries is probably doing this as a second job, but still, to have two emails go unanswered is a little much I think.  Also, whoever is answering emails didn't know their own return policy.

Read from the bottom up.  I cut out my email, the signature information that they use, and my RMA number.
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Orders <Orders@enkoremakeuponline.com> wrote:
Hi Connie,

Please use RMA# [REMOVED] 

Thank You


From: Connie
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 9:23 AM
To: Orders
Subject: Re: Return request
Hi there,

I'm so glad to hear back.  Don't I need an RMA number?

Connie
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM, Orders <Orders@enkoremakeuponline.com> wrote:
Connie

Sorry for the delay.  Please return the item and once we receive it we will issue a refund.
So I sent it back.  They received the brush on the 8th.  Good thing I purchased a tracking number for the package because they didn't contact me to let me know when I would receive my refund.   I finally wrote them on the 11th.  

Again, read from the bottom up.
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Orders <Orders@enkoremakeuponline.com> wrote:
Hello Connie,

We did receive the brush and we’ll let you know status of the return ASAP.

Thank You



From: Connie
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 1:58 PM



To: Orders
Subject: Re: Return request

Hello,

I notice on the tracking number that this was delivered 3 days ago (on the 8th).  Can you please update me?

Thank you,

Connie
Today is March 14th.  I have yet to hear back from Enkore's team.   I am not a happy camper.  This is a crap load of effort for a refund of less than $20.  I had assumed it would be rather painless.  If there was a phone number, you can bet your ass I would have had them on the phone days ago.  Don't purchase from Enkore Makeup Online until you thoroughly do your research on the quality of the brush you want!!   I will be writing them again on Monday first thing in the morning.

When this is all resolved, I will update you all, but until then, count me as one unhappy customer!

Update: Eventually, this issue was resolved.  I will be even more careful when buying from small companies from now on.  Just because someone seems really nice on youtube doesn't mean they have great customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails