Monday, March 22, 2010

Wedding dress shopping highlights

I tried on a ton of wedding dresses this weekend.  I've found that how I feel about the dress in the store often changes overnight or after looking at pictures.  I also think that I don't like trains (on dresses) but that could just be because I'm short and the dress would have to be hemmed or bustled for me to move around in it. 

I haven't had an "a-ha" moment yet.  I'm going back to this store in a few weeks and planning on visiting a few others to keep looking.  In the mean time, here are a few highlights.

So far, this is the front runner.  If I get this dress, I'd use a shorter veil than what I have on or what I'm holding.  The shoes are from the Naturalizer.  I got them at Macy's.  The guy at the counter was super nice to me.  I don't know if it was because I told him I was looking for shoes to wear to my own wedding or what.  Best customer service experience at a Macy's shoe department ever!
I didn't like this next one so much in the store because of the way the fabric sat on top of the undergarmet, but the undergarmet can be changed, so maybe I'll go back and try it again.
I feel like I'm being swallowed by this next dress.
One of the dresses I tried on had really lovely beading on the train.
And then there was this dress.  Stunning in person, rubbish in pictures.  I have several pictures of this dress pinned up so that the hem is at the knee, but I can't find them right now.  You get the idea though.
So that's that!  No makeup news in this post except that I think that my blush and foundation look pretty good!  Hehe.

4 comments:

  1. AWww! I actually really like the 3rd dress where you think you've been swallowed up lol, i love the long romantic train :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) A lot of people have told me they like it. I think I just haven't found the right dress yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your hunny doesn't ever check your blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah, you look gorgeous. And I agree with Jenny--I like the big dress with the fancy train. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails