Wednesday, June 23, 2010

African Red Tea Foaming cleanser

I'm still home sick.  So I've decided it's time to write up reviews of all my Ole Henriksen skin care products.

First up is the African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser!

I got the African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser from Sephora's Skincare Challenge.  It's one of the online rewards, and I have not yet seen it as an in-store reward.

The cleanser is from Ole's anti-aging skin care line.  Most cleansers don't stay on your skin long enough to really improve your skin.  The most I hope for in any cleanser is that it doesn't dry me out or aggravate any existing acne.

The cleanser comes out as a foam, so it would be difficult to use with a Clarisonic.  It smells really lovely.  It's like a mix of muscat grapes and grapefruit.  The foam spreads out over a damp face easily.  The bottle says use 1-2 pumps; for my face, I have been using one pump.

It's really easy to wash off and doesn't strip my skin of too many oils.  It contains some anti-inflammatory agents, but it hasn't really calmed down the inflammation around my existing pimples or done anything for the redness around my lower left cheek, but it hasn't aggravated any of these problem spots either.

All in all, it feels like a very gentle face soap with a really lovely scent.  It also removes makeup really nicely, so I am considering a switch to this whenever I finish my never-ending bottle of Purity because it's also much more gentle than Purity.  Eeeeeh...what will I do with all that Purity!!

Cost: $30, Sephora.com.  The cost is definitely a little steep for a face wash, so I'll have to see how long this bottle lasts before I decide it's worth it or not.  If I had all the money in the world, I'd be using this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails