Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Time for my Eye Quickies review!

I got this in my last haul and haven't opened them until today. 

I was saving them for a day like today actually. 

I went to the hospital to get my blood drawn and stressed myself out so much that I really needed a trip to Sephora to relax.  At the same time, I didn't want to go because I didn't want to spend any money and was really tired, and coughing a lot.  So I came home and opened the Eye Quickies.

Here they are in the jar.  They're really pretty.  The camera doesn't really capture the black base in these colors.  The camera really brings out the purple and teal. 

Jump for the swatches!












Here they are on their own.

The colors are really sheer - I had to do several layers to get the two colors to show up so strongly on camera.

According to the box, you are supposed to layer the colors over other colors.  So I picked two colors at random to try this with.   The first picture is with flash, the second is without.


I'm not sure if everyone will be able to see this, it will depend on your computer screen, but layering mystery over a color adds maroon colored shimmers, and adding masquerade adds teal shimmers.  Its very subtle.  Most of what you notice is that the color is darkened.   I was surprised that mojito and mystery still looked quite nice given that mojito is green and mystery is more like purple/red color. 

I think you could create a pretty subtle smokey eye with these two.  I will try it when I feel better!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails